cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radamjr
Level 7

Where can I download a dat file that is not the most current?

Each month I update machines at a few power plants. Some plant systems test the dat versions and approve them before they allow install. They used to send a monthly dvd with the update but over the last few months have started testing daily and approving faster. For example, today version 8511 is approved. If you go to the download site, 8516 is the only version available. How can I get dat 8511? This happens every month, so hoping there si someone to get them each month.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rmetzger
Level 14

Re: Where can I download a dat file that is not the most current?

Though you posted this in the Consumer section, if you are actually using VSE, which is the Enterprise software...

you could browse here:

hxxp://download.nai.com/products/licensed/superdat/english/intel

Unfortunately, only 3 days are typically left in that directory.

At this moment, 8515xdat.exe, 8516xdat.exe, and 8517xdat.exe are available.

For the future, you would need to download each xdat file, wait for the approval, and use that approved xdat.

With that strategy in mind, it would make sense to daily download the latest xdat file from:

McAfee LLC - Downloads - Virus Protection - DAT Files

saving it until it is approved for use.

Not the answer you would like, but hopefully useful.

Good luck,

Ron Metzger

exbrit
Level 21

​ could you indicate please if you are using Enterprise or Consumer products so this could be filed in the right spot, thanks?

(The Consumer product no longer uses DAT's anyway, so not possible to achieve what you ask).

0 Kudos
radamjr
Level 7

Thanks, I was hoping to not downlaod too frequently, but being able to get  a few at a time is better than the one offered at the regular download site.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Successfully moved from Virus and Spyware Protection to VirusScan Enterprise  > Discussions

For better assistance and better exposure.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
radamjr
Level 7

VSE Enterprise

0 Kudos