cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When updating VSE, I get: Error occurred while loading COM componet:ENDP_GS_1000

I had no luck searching this error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: When updating VSE, I get: Error occurred while loading COM componet:ENDP_GS_1000

Moved to VSE for better attention.

Re: When updating VSE, I get: Error occurred while loading COM componet:ENDP_GS_1000

What are you updating from/to, and how are you doing the update?

I have Virus Enterprise 8.5.0i.  I am right clicking on the icon and selecting UPDATE NOW.

That version went EOL over 3 1/2 years ago - McAfee Product and Technology Support Lifecycle - Software & Utilities | McAfee Support

I imagine its just incompatible with the current data files. You should uninstall and install your latest licenced version.

I do realize that it is an outdated version.  We will be going to a newer version later in the year.  Not all machines have this error.

It's not only outdated, I don't think it's protecting you from any of the current malware - 8.5.0 doesn't even support Artemis so you are running weeks behind the curve on detections.