cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is VSE for Storage going to be upgraded to work with VSE 8.8.0 (1445) Patch 6 ?

I have two Windows 2008 Standard servers that are running VSE 8.8.0 and I have to keep them at Patch 4 in order that VSE for Storage 1.1.0.127 with Hotfix VSES10HF1038989

This is proving to be a right royal pain because they keep upgrading to Patch 6 and I then have to uninstall everything, reinstall Patch 4, VSES and the hotfix.

9 Replies
andrep1
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: When is VSE for Storage going to be upgraded to work with VSE 8.8.0 (1445) Patch 6 ?

Create a separate agent policy for those VSES devices so that you point the policy to update from where patch 6 is not checked in (eval or previous).

Have the same issue.... I'm surprised they haven't announced an end of life yet for that product with the wave of announcements that came out.

meforum
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: When is VSE for Storage going to be upgraded to work with VSE 8.8.0 (1445) Patch 6 ?

: why are you surprised that no EOL for that product? Do you mean v 1.1.0 or VSES in general?

@: as Andre already mentioned: Make an extra Agent Policy (general) and change where the client will get its VSE patches from (e.g. from "previous"). Only change this (+HIPS, if you have it on the server), but leave DAT updates pointing to "current".

Assign that policy to all your VSES servers (e.g. you could tag all ... and then assign) - and send a wakeup / check that they have the policy in place *before* you install VSE 8.8 sp4, because as I noticed in our environment:

Even without a update task being assigned to our VSES servers, they updated from SP4 to SP5/SP6 right after the installation. I think it's the (local) auto update task after the installation (we disable it in the policy, but I think it runs before our VSES policy is in place).

With the agent policy pointing to "previous" we had no problems.

andrep1
Level 14
Message 4 of 10

VSE is on its way out with the new replacement product and they also have been dropping products left and right to focus on core business.... So I'm wondering if they will drop VSES at some point.

I'm still amazed that they move forward with updating their core products and that products that leverage them are not compatible. It is becoming the never ending story...

meforum
Level 10
Message 5 of 10

what replacement product?

andrep1
Level 14
Message 6 of 10

McAfee ENS10

meforum
Level 10
Message 7 of 10

oh thanks ... didn't noticed that there is a new product out. So this will replace VSE?

edit: I now checked the new Endpoint Security forum ... well, I guess I thought (from the name) that this is more a consumer/smb product... :-/

Troja
Level 14
Message 8 of 10

VSE for Storage Module for Endpoint 10???

meforum
Level 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi,

good (?) news:

a) There's already a POC available to make VSES compatible with VSE SP5/6/7

b) VSES 1.2 (that is compatible) is going to be released soon - maybe even this month.

meforum
Level 10
Message 10 of 10

well ... VSES 1.2 is available now.

it's compatible with VSE 8.8. SP7 and fixed some additional issues. (not yet tested)