cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen to vse running old engine after March 31

Jump to solution

As you know that the vse 5600 Engine End Of Life (EOL) - March 31, 2015. If vse engine is not updated to 5700, will 5600 engine continue to work with vse dat after March 31? What will happen to vse running old engine after March 31?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wwarren
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: What will happen to vse running old engine after March 31

Jump to solution

The product will still work and still scan for malware.

What you'll be limiting yourself to and introducing risk for yourself, is -

• You will not benefit from newer DAT content that leverages functionality unique to the 5700; that could mean missed detections, or failed clean attempts
  • Newer DAT content will not be getting tested against older Engines; increasing risk you could experience false-positives, or worse (hangs, crashes)
  • When calling Support for an issue that is scanning-related, you'll be advised to upgrade the Engine to a supported version; investigative work cannot proceed until we know the issue exists against supported code.
William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
4 Replies
wwarren
Level 15
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

The product will still work and still scan for malware.

What you'll be limiting yourself to and introducing risk for yourself, is -

• You will not benefit from newer DAT content that leverages functionality unique to the 5700; that could mean missed detections, or failed clean attempts
  • Newer DAT content will not be getting tested against older Engines; increasing risk you could experience false-positives, or worse (hangs, crashes)
  • When calling Support for an issue that is scanning-related, you'll be advised to upgrade the Engine to a supported version; investigative work cannot proceed until we know the issue exists against supported code.

Jump to solution

Old engine do not have capability to clean the new detections. So your machine may be in risk in case do not update with latest engine.

maur0
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

you tested vse 8.8 patch 5? is ready for the world?

wwarren
Level 15
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

maur0 wrote:

you tested vse 8.8 patch 5? is ready for the world?

I don't understand the questions. Is this in relation to the original post or an opportunistic query about the status of Patch 5? If the latter, I can answer it thus, "Patch 5's readiness for the world is directly proportional to the status of its availability" .