cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are planning to do VSE upgrade in our environment

Jump to solution
We are planning to do VSE upgrade in our environment, having few questions related to the topic
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Re: We are planning to do VSE upgrade in our environment

Jump to solution

Hi @User45191637 

Also, to reply to the second part of your question, Yes, patch 13 support all these Operating Systems. Confirmation can be obtained from this link.

Sincerely hope this helps as well.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
5 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @User45191637 

Thank you for your post. Sure, feel free to shot them here! Please give us a detailed description of the version you have, the version you plan to move and of course the Operating System platforms that are involved as well!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

Currently we are having VSE 8.8.0 Patch 8 and Agent 5.0.4, we are planning to upgrade it to 8.8.0 Patch 13. This upgrade will be for Windows 2008 R2 servers , 2016 servers, Win 7 machines. Can we upgrade directly from Patch 8 to Patch 13? Also Patch 13 will work for these machines?

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @User45191637 

Good questions! As per the release notes of Patch 13, I am afraid direct upgrade to Patch 13 from Patch 8 is not possible. The supported patches for direct upgrade starts from Patch 9. Hence, You will have perform the upgrade in 2 stages.

1) Check-in and assign Upgrade task for Patch 9 (or 10 or 11 or 12 - anyone of these). 

2) Once Upgrade to a supported Patch is completed, you can now apply patch 13 using a separate task.

*Note: Patch updates do not only reply on the task. Task tells the endpoints WHAT to update, however the McAfee Agent Policy defines WHERE to update from.

I sincerely hope this helps.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @User45191637 

Also, to reply to the second part of your question, Yes, patch 13 support all these Operating Systems. Confirmation can be obtained from this link.

Sincerely hope this helps as well.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you, explanation is Lucid.:)

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community