cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASM\Cryptonight has found

Jump to solution

Hello,

Virus Scan had found WASM\Cryptonight on computer. Threat target file path: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\*.

After that I deleted Chrome and all the related files. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

How can I solve this? What is the source of  WASM\Cryptonight?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sol
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: WASM\Cryptonight has found

Jump to solution

I am checking the history files on our device to see if I can determine where it may have come from. There are a lot of the crypt threats showing up lately but they are being caught.

Make sure you check any other device/server that might be connected such as share drives. Inspect those devices or run a scan

Make sure to clean all cache and temp files

UPDATE   the device I investigated went out to healthcare sites of legitimate means. There was one situation where someone had accessed their personal Google account so that could have been a source if they had a bad email

I cleaned all cache/temp files on that device. I found no suspicious files or activities. I have not seen the threat alert since.

2 Replies
sol
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

I am checking the history files on our device to see if I can determine where it may have come from. There are a lot of the crypt threats showing up lately but they are being caught.

Make sure you check any other device/server that might be connected such as share drives. Inspect those devices or run a scan

Make sure to clean all cache and temp files

UPDATE   the device I investigated went out to healthcare sites of legitimate means. There was one situation where someone had accessed their personal Google account so that could have been a source if they had a bad email

I cleaned all cache/temp files on that device. I found no suspicious files or activities. I have not seen the threat alert since.

Jump to solution

I use Firefox almost exclusively and found both this and Trojan:JS/Miner.A so it can affect more than just Chrome.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community