cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WASM\Cryptonight has found

Jump to solution

Hello,

Virus Scan had found WASM\Cryptonight on computer. Threat target file path: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache\*.

After that I deleted Chrome and all the related files. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

How can I solve this? What is the source of  WASM\Cryptonight?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: WASM\Cryptonight has found

Jump to solution

I am checking the history files on our device to see if I can determine where it may have come from. There are a lot of the crypt threats showing up lately but they are being caught.

Make sure you check any other device/server that might be connected such as share drives. Inspect those devices or run a scan

Make sure to clean all cache and temp files

UPDATE   the device I investigated went out to healthcare sites of legitimate means. There was one situation where someone had accessed their personal Google account so that could have been a source if they had a bad email

I cleaned all cache/temp files on that device. I found no suspicious files or activities. I have not seen the threat alert since.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

I am checking the history files on our device to see if I can determine where it may have come from. There are a lot of the crypt threats showing up lately but they are being caught.

Make sure you check any other device/server that might be connected such as share drives. Inspect those devices or run a scan

Make sure to clean all cache and temp files

UPDATE   the device I investigated went out to healthcare sites of legitimate means. There was one situation where someone had accessed their personal Google account so that could have been a source if they had a bad email

I cleaned all cache/temp files on that device. I found no suspicious files or activities. I have not seen the threat alert since.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I use Firefox almost exclusively and found both this and Trojan:JS/Miner.A so it can affect more than just Chrome.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community