Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Vundo.gen.ab clean/delete problem with 8.5

We have VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 with latest DAT.  Can not clean this off this one Dell 620 laptop.  Have tried lots of stuff including:

Stinger

MSCONFIG diagnostic boot

safe mode boot

System Restore has been disabled

Note that I can not come up in Safe mode since it hangs on the Guardian Edge ephdxlat.sys driver.

I have downloaded Process Explorer and can see how fifiteko.dll has weaved its way into anything I run.

Short history is this system was a VPN only laptop and fell behind on its engine and dat.  Once infected I brought it up to latest engine and dat my company has deployed.

McAfee Virus Enterprise Workstation 8.5.0.781 w/5829 Dat; Scan Engine 5400.1158

McAfee AntiSpyware Enterprise Module 8.5.0.163

It just threw me an error on a missing firetray.dll; on a desktop I have 7.0.0.1037

Suggestions?

--John

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Vundo.gen.ab clean/delete problem with 8.5

Hi

I would suggest following KnowledgeBase Article KB67088.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community