cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virusscan Ent. stop errors 0xD1, 0x109

Hey guys! First of all, this is my first post, hopefully it's in the right place with the right content. 

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and VirsScan Enterprise 8.8.  I have had 3 blue screen errors over the past month, which I may have traced to the Mcafee drivers MFEWFPK.SYS or MFEHIDK.SYS.  Does anyone have the ability to analyze my minidump files and see if these are due to an issue that has been resolved?  I have attached the dump files. 

NOTE: I just installed Patch 1, but these errors occurred before that.  I don't yet know if Patch 1 has fixed my issues. 

Thanks!

-krynn9000

8 Replies

Re: Virusscan Ent. stop errors 0xD1, 0x109

OK, I have received another BSOD, and I can reproduce the error.  If running BitTorrent, I can eventually get the computer to blue screen.  I have attached another dump file, and I can confirm that Patch 1 has NOT fixed the issue.  I have attached a new dump file, which again seems to implicate the driver MFEHIDK.SYS with a 0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. 

Can anyone take a look at this?  There may be a real bug with VirusScan Enterprise.  Thanks!

-Krynn9000

pato
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 9

Please try to update your network drivers (wifi or cable, whichever you use), as this could also be an issue with them.     

pato wrote:

Please try to update your network drivers (wifi or cable, whichever you use), as this could also be an issue with them.     

Thank you.  I had already done that prior to most of the BSOD's, so I'm running the very latest driver on my Realtek RTL8111E gigabit ethernet controller.  So, I know that is not the problem. 

pato
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

The debugger outputs this from the 4. dmp file:

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1d )

So it seems to be cause by a network driver. Could you check this file on your system and output it's version?

I have checked the actual NETIO.SYS file and it gives the following:

Timestamp: 11/20/2010

File Version: 6.1.7601.17514

It appears to be the most up to date possible, since I believe this file is taken care of by Windows Update.  Any other thoughts?

pato
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Looks ok. Do you have any other software installed that accesses the network stack? Like Firewalls, VPN software, traffic monitors...?

It could also be an other software accessing the network stack.

Found also this over the utorrent forums: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=103876

As far as other software, I just have Windows Firewall, which shouldn't be a problem.  No VPN software.  I do have a little bandwidth monitoring widget called Network Meter, maybe you've heard of it.  Any chance that is a cause?  I mean there is no "driver" for that right?

Otherwise, I've uninstalled McAfee and I'm going to try and use MS Security Essentials for a while, just to see if it really was McAfee or not. 

Any other tips?

pato
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Could be that, could be not, I don't know

But to be honest, I also had once or twice a bsod while running utorrent on my home machine, but there I had MSE installed. Since then I don't anymore use torrent.