Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vogler
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Virusscan 8.70i task manager stopped

Platform: windows xp professional + McAfee Virusscan 8.70i

Symptoms: Every time i try to log in my computer as local administrator slow a lot of time to initiate session. After the log in  the McAfee Viruscan Task Manager Service is stopped preventing me the access to the Viruscan Management Console. In the event viewer i obtain the entry "Tha McAfee McShield scanning service could not load naiann.dll Viruses will still detected but not alerting will occur" Success Id: 5039. Why is down the McAfee Viruscan Task Manager Service? What can i do?

El mensaje fue editado por: vogler on 29/12/09 6:17:36 CST
1 Reply
McAfee Employee dmeier
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Virusscan 8.70i task manager stopped

I fear that the installation might be corrupted in some way.   Have you already attempted to uninstall/reinstall VSE?

It could be malware, but likely not, since it usually will prevent the OAS from running as well.

If a reinstall (from a newly downloaded package) doesn't help, you might want to create a new user, and try logging into that account (making sure it's local admin), and see if it doesn't make a difference.  Otherwise, you'll want to open a ticket with support, so we can dig into it.

- David

Message was edited by: David Meier on 12/30/09 11:35:35 AM CST
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community