cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viruscan Enterprise 8.5i

Hi

My company uses Viruscan Enterprise 8.5i

From what I've gathered so far is that you can use ePO to remotely administrate the installations on the workstations (and servers), without having to go to every workstation/server one-by-one.

What do I need to achieve this, and is there trial versions available?

Many thanks!

Libs
9 Replies
gmc_za
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

RE: Viruscan Enterprise 8.5i

You need to install EPO on a server. On each client you install a agent which then communicates with the server. You can control policies, pattern/program updates, where clients get their updates from etc etc.

If you have a large number of virusscan machines you should definitely be running EPO. Without it you will be running around like a headless chicken. EPO is the best thing since sliced bread! 🙂

I don't think they do a trial version though, but check out the docs here:

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/productdocuments.aspx?strPage=2

Thanks!

Ook!
Travler
Level 10
Message 4 of 10

I've never heard of a trial version of ePO. Which is not surprising since ePO is a free program.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 10

EPo is only free if you have purchased licences for a relevant product suite eg Total Virus Defence ( VSE/groupshield/epo/siteadvisor ent), it is possible to have VSE 8.5 and not have a licence to run EPO.
Although I can't find the links now there were trial versions available not too long ago (I think they were 60 or 90 day)

You should have a grant number for Mcafee from your VSE reseller which should allow you to log into the downloads section and you would then see what products you are licenced for https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp
Highlighted
Travler
Level 10
Message 6 of 10

As soon as I posted, I wondered if I might be wrong! I should have researched it further. 😮 Since I've been involved with McAfee, I've always had one of the suites (AVD, then upgraded to TPE-A), so it's always been free to me.

Thanks for clearing it up, Tony!
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 7 of 10

I'm annoyed though as I used to have a link to the trial but now there doesnt seem to be one, i assume its now contained within the trials of the packages now rather than as an individual piece

I guess you could consider EPO 4.5 to be a trial version, as you can run it for 90 days without a license?
akl71
Level 10
Message 9 of 10

ePO 4.5 requires a license

Total protection for Endpoint should contain ePO
http://www.mcafee.com/us/tops_for_endpoint_trial/ten_trial.html

Or just test with the ePO 4.5 beta
http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/downloads/beta/beta_mcafee/epo_450/epo450.html
Travler
Level 10
Message 10 of 10

Yes, as Tony mentioned, the suites generally will contain ePO. I know for sure that TPE and AVD both have it.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community