vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

VirusScan not autoupdating

Jump to solution

Hi,

Lately, I've verified that some VirusScan clients are not updating themselves.

As an example I will use the server that has the ePO server installed on it.

I manually updated it on 04/17/2017 and, since then, no more updates...

On ePO I can see that it is communicating normally:

Screen.png

PS1: One server is Windows Server 2008 SP2 and the other two are Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

PS2: My machine (Windows 10) has the same version of McAfee Agent and VirusScan of those servers and it is working the autoupdate

There are other Windows 10 machines with the same version and the autoupdate is not working too

When I go to the server to check the AutoUpdate log, it only shows the manual update and nothing about new tries:

Log.png

Is there a log or another way to troubleshoot why the task didn't run as supposed at that specific time (5 p.m. everyday - default) or at any time later that?

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: VirusScan not autoupdating

Jump to solution

Question: is this a VSE local scheduled task or an ePO scheduled task?  If VSE local; double-click AutoUpdate, select Select Schedule and confirm settings.  If ePO scheduled task, create a new schedule, deploy to a test system.

If local or ePO driven you should be able to confirm "tasks" by reviewing the registry: ...software\wow6432node\mcafee\desktopprotection\tasks.  As for the why or log source; MA 5.X McAfee has removed a lot of log source files.

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Question: is this a VSE local scheduled task or an ePO scheduled task?  If VSE local; double-click AutoUpdate, select Select Schedule and confirm settings.  If ePO scheduled task, create a new schedule, deploy to a test system.

If local or ePO driven you should be able to confirm "tasks" by reviewing the registry: ...software\wow6432node\mcafee\desktopprotection\tasks.  As for the why or log source; MA 5.X McAfee has removed a lot of log source files.

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

​,

Thanks for replying.

Is the VSE default local scheduled task.

I will create an ePO task to test...

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

​,

Thanks! It worked nicely =]

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community