Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

VirusScan license upgrade

Hello everyone,

Can you please tell me what is the procedure to upgrade VSE license from evaluation to licensed status ?

Current solution: 500 workstations managed through an ePO server

I have already tested the following:

1st solution: got Installation Designer, generated a .cab file for license upgrade and placing it in the MID folder on a workstation. Everything goes ok, VSE on the workstation shows up as licensed after this operation.

2nd solution: uninstall and reinstall VSE also works as expected. VSE on the workstation shows up as licensed after this operation.

Still I would like to know if there is another way to make this happen from the ePO server without having to uninstall and reinstall VSE.

Regards,

Alex

3 Replies

Re: VirusScan license upgrade

There is another,

The license it is a reg key for antispyware and antivirus. Both must be replaced for a correct value.

With a SuperDAT it is possible to replace those reg keys and can be deployed via ePO.

Best regards,

José María

alexd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Can you please be more precise ?

(I've received the grant number and added the new license to the ePO. In the ePO console - master repository VSE shows up as licensed but on client machines it is in evaluation mode)

Please guide me through the next steps.

Regards,

Alex

Hi there,

Mcafee has this SuperDAT Manager available for Platinum customer only (https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22883/en_US/...)

With this tool you can create SuperDAT to add/remove/change registry keys.

You should get a SuperDAT to change the license key for the full license.

Best regards,

Jose