cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirusScan Package Builder

I used a utility a few years back to create a package for VirusScan. It would basically let you select the prompts (install options, license options, etc.) and create an .exe install. My technicians would then run the install on client machines and not be prompted for any additional information. This was a utility created by McAfee for each version release for VirusScan Enterprise. Is anyone familiar with this? Is anyone aware if a version for VSE 8.7 is available?
3 Replies
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: VirusScan Package Builder

It's called McAfee Installation Designer, and should ba available from the Software downloads page

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp?region=au&segment=enterprise
Reliable Contributor rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

MID plus your preferred archiver

As Mal09 mentioned, McAfee Installation Designer (MID) is the product used to create customized installation points of VirusScan Enterprise.

However, the results of this product are not a separate, single executable, but an executable setup.exe and associated files that can be put together into an archive. This archive can then be made into a self-extracting executable, using one of many tools available today.

Have fun.
Ron Metzger
Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

RE: MID plus your preferred archiver

Thanks, I have downloaded it. Sorry for the incorrect name. Like I said, it has been a few years since I have used the utility.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator