cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirusScan Enterprise autoupdate issue

Hi all

I have an issue with 3 servers running VirusScan Enterprise 8.7, none of them will auto update to the latest definitions unless I use the SDAT manually.

The common issue i have noticed with the 3 is that the 'Buffer Overflow and Access protection DAT Version' is at 422 whereas all my other servers are running 516.

Has anyone else seen/resolved this issue?

Thanks

Andy

8 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: VirusScan Enterprise autoupdate issue

Do you have the issue only with BOP update?

What about DAT/Engine? Is it showing latest one and only BOP DAT is showing older one?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

The dat and engine do update if i use the SDAT but they will not on using autoupdate, the BOP dat does not update regardless

Cheers

Andy

How long have the servers been experiencing the updating issue? If it has been for a while, it could be that they were unable to update their BOP dat correctly via autoupdate either.

When you run a manual update, what errors do you get? Are they able to connect to the repository etc.

Message was edited by: Katalyst on 17/06/11 6:35:13 AM

One of them has been doing it for about a year, the other two are since Feb this year.

I will confirm the exact error when I get to work but when I run autoupdate, its finds the repository, gets down to the point there it would update using the .gem files then says something along the line of 'unable to find qualifying product'

Cheers

Andy

Message was edited by: andynic on 17/06/11 00:41:22 CDT
apoling
Level 14
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

in any update related problems, please find McScript.log on the client, open it, locate the update time and scroll down to find error messages (sorry if you did it already). This is another, more detailed log than Updatelog.txt in %DEFLOGDIR% folder.

You may post it here for us to have a look at.

Some additional error messages can be get to be shown in McScript.log if you employ techniques described in KB58966. It is advised to at least perform setting LogLevel 8 and do another update manually, before you would post the log here.

HTH

Attila

Unfortunately I cant post the script (or find it for that matter!) Will carry on looking, but for now...

Looking at the UpdateLog.txt, when it gets to 'Verifying V2datdet.msc' you should see 'Downloading pkgcatalog.z' and then the new update files, however we are getting 'Unable to find any qualifying product (s).

apoling
Level 14
Message 8 of 9

My usual technique (rather odd, you might say) to find files (which are not hidden) is to open a CMD window, and for every root folder (C:\, D.\, etc.) I  issue the "dir filename /s /p" command, it should find the file rather quickly.

This log should be by default on drive C:

On my XP machine its in drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Db

Attila

Thanks for that mate, had already found it! Looking through the file at the moment trying to decipher anything unusual as I am unable to post it online.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community