cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VirusScan Enterprise + Antispyware 8.8 not shown

Hi there, I've just upgraded my VSE 8.7i with ASEM to VirusScan 8.8 but in the "about virusscan box" it just says VirusScan Enterprise 8.8

vse88.JPG

On another computer I've seen that it really shows ViruScan Enterprise + Antispyware 8.8. Both machines are Windows XP SP3 32 bits and have been upgraded from VSE 8.7i + ASEM

vsc8.8+AntiSpyware.JPG

Does anyone have had the same problem?

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: VirusScan Enterprise + Antispyware 8.8 not shown

It is my understanding that VSE 8.8 already includes anti-spyware.  There will not be a separate module.  As for why you are seeing two different "about" dialogs, I am not sure, sorry.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you have 8.8, regardless of what the about dialog shows, you have anti-spyware protection.

I know this isn't what you asked about.  Sorry I do not know more.

Regards,

Mark

Highlighted

Even thought we did not purchased the Anti-Spyware product is that mean using VSE 8.8 now includes Anti-Spyware? We only purchased VirusScan Enterprise. Can someone from McAfee answer my question.

Thank you,

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

VirusScan 8.8 includes AntiSpyware:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22973/en_US

/VSE%208.8%20-%20What%27s%20New.pdf

Complete integration of McAfee AntiSpyware
Enterprise

HTH

Message was edited by: jmcleish on 26/01/11 16:32:07 CST
Highlighted
Level 12
Message 5 of 8

There should be a file in the McAfee installation directory called licence.bin (might be also called a regionalised name).

I'm curious what date/times are on that file on each machine, and whether they are the same.

Highlighted

I've has a look at the license.bin file in both computers and they are 37bytes on each machine but date differ as they were not installed at the same time.

There's also an aslicense.bin but it's identical on each machine (except for dates)

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 7 of 8

ulyses31 wrote:

I've has a look at the license.bin file in both computers and they are 37bytes on each machine but date differ as they were not installed at the same time.

There's also an aslicense.bin but it's identical on each machine (except for dates)

Those files are the licence files, and end up being imported into the registry at HKLM\Software\McAfee\DesktopProtection\LicenseInformation and ASLicenseInformation.

I'm presuming what happened was that during the upgrade, one of the licence keys wasn't correctly updated.

As for why - not really sure....  But to fix, you could attempt to copy the two from the "good" computer onto the other one.

Highlighted

I have another computer with Windows 7 with the same problem so I will have a look at the registry keys as you said, just to see if it's only a license problem

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community