cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joezep
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8 not compatible with Windows 10

I am a gov worker so they make available VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8 to put on our home computer so that is what I am running. I want to upgrade to W10 on my computer but when I install it it says that I need to remove this McAfee product.

A few weeks ago I was told that VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8 would be compatible on Sept 26 but it is still not working. Is there a fix coming for this? Or is it time to switch to another antivirus?

I sure would appreciate some help on this. Thanks!

I have included a screenshot of my about page:

about.jpg

8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 9

Re: VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8 not compatible with Windows 10

Moved to VSE for faster response.

---

Peter

Troja
Level 14
Message 3 of 9

Re: VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.8 not compatible with Windows 10

Hi,

you need VSE 8.8 Patch 6 and Agent 5.0.2 for Windows 10 Support. Both version are available for download with your GRANT number.

See also:

Cheers

joezep
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

Thanks. What is a grant number and where do I find it?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 9

See the following for your answer: 

The grant number is a unique code your company was issued when it bought McAfee products. It gives you access to download the products and updates for them that your company owns.

You can't "search" it - you have to know it. It's unique and private to you.

If you don't know it, you need to speak to the person in your company responsible for the McAfee relationship. If you are the person, you need to speak to your McAfee reseller or sales person.

If you are an end user, you will need to get Patch 6 and any other updates from your IT people.

joezep
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Hey just a shout-out to any McAfee administrators if your listening. You need to get this software working with Windows 10. The DOD will NOT support the home version of this that is issued to millions of government workers for their home systems. They say all home use customers need to deal directly with McAfee. The DOD does not know about the patches required nor do they know what a grant number is. Get it together McAfee this is impacting millions.It's up to you. Just make an update that will update with the rest of ongoing updates that are needed.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 9

You expect McAfee to tell a Government what to do?  Those end users should be asking the DOD IT department to contact McAfee for help.

These forums are not support itself, merely a place for user-to-user help and advice.

Hi Joe,

joezep wrote:

Hey just a shout-out to any McAfee administrators if your listening.

That Would Be your DOD IT Department administrators.

joezep wrote:

The DOD will NOT support the home version of this that is issued to millions of government workers for their home systems. They say all home use customers need to deal directly with McAfee. The DOD does not know about the patches required nor do they know what a grant number is.

If you have the Consumer version of VirusScan, than, yes, you should be dealing with McAfee directly. However, you stated that the product is VSE. If so, I think you need to find the DOD McAfee support team (that is within the DOD division of the government, by design, not within McAfee itself). There is a support team who holds the Grant Number and is responsible for All support back to McAfee. This team is responsible for all distribution of patches, hotfixes, updates, installs, etc. These forums are for those who need help, but cannot interfere with the support channels you are provided under the license agreement that was provided under the purchase of VSE.

joezep wrote:

Get it together McAfee this is impacting millions.It's up to you. Just make an update that will update with the rest of ongoing updates that are needed.

Get it together DOD Support Team! They are directly responsible for your issues. They need to make the updates available and are your first point of contact for getting Patch 6 and all subsequent updates. Please, find the right people within your infrastructure to support you. It's up to your Support Team. If it is impacting millions, then I am sure you are not the only one asking this question.

By the way; Who provided VSE to you in the first place? Is that person or team still available? If I were you, that would be my first place to start. If they are not aware of updates or patches, climb up the chain of command until you find this person or team. Surely, someone is available who can help. The license for VSE usually calls for this mode of support.

And as for Windows 10, does the DOD support this in your environment? Consider the reported 'phone home' issues that have been reported. But I digress. . .

Good luck.

Ron Metzger