Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: VirusScan Enterprise 8.8: How to create a local repository for updating several servers?

Jump to solution

Great work!

Re: VirusScan Enterprise 8.8: How to create a local repository for updating several servers?

Jump to solution
When you have to update the DAT files, what do you do? Download the entire commonupdater folder?

Thanks
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

"When you have to update the DAT files, what do you do? Download the entire commonupdater folder?"

Yes, that's what I've done until now. It's worked perfectly. But now the FTP servers have been shut down, so it's no longer as easy to download the entire folder. I'd like to know exactly which files I need to download.

Pinging @dmcgeary and @cdinet 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 14

Jump to solution
As previously discussed, take a system that does have internet connectivity and whether you are running VSE or ENS, set up a directory somewhere to use as a repository. It doesn't have to even be shared. Then set up a mirror task and use that task to populate the directory you created. That will download necessary files in the correct folder structure. You can then copy the contents over to where you were copying the commonupdater files to.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community