Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Hotfix 660014 is now available

I got an email last night saying this hotfix was available, but it's nowhere to be found. Does anybody know if it was pulled or something?

Thanks!

10 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Hotfix 660014 is now available

I was coming here to post the exact same thing.  I checked last ngiht and then again this morning.  My guess is someone forgot to expose it to non platinum members.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Glad to hear it's not just my stupidity. Thanks!

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 11

I recieved the same email yesterday afternoon and went to my downloads this morning to pull it.  It wasn't there.  After re-reading the email it says that the hotfix is now available from McAfee Technical Support.  I'm assuming that you have to open a case or call Tech Support in order to get the hotfix.  I'm not sure when they will release it for download through the grant portals.  Without asking support, I'm assuming it will be released soon or in a possible update release.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

Yea... I think you're right. I'm finishing up a new desktop image today, and I was hoping to get the latest into my image, but.... oh well.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 6 of 11

Yes, you have to contact support to get the hotfix.  I've installed and applied it via EPO.

The only thing I don't really care for is that apparently there are no updated extensions/reports for the hotfix, (the .html included doesn't state there are, it just says IF they are included you need to install them).

And so far, I'm not seeing any way to report or query EPO to see if the hotfix was installed properly (short of manually verifying the individual files are at the proper version).

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 7 of 11

When editing an ePO query, one of the available columns under VirusScan Enterprise Properties should be "Hotfix/Patch Version (VirusScan Enterprise)".  I don't have the Hotfix installed, so I can't test it, but that may show the info you are looking for.

Message was edited by: jguenrdc on 6/7/11 1:34:50 PM CDT
Highlighted
Level 9
Message 8 of 11

Oh the field is there, it's just not filled in.  According to the .html file you should be able to go into the machine details and see it in the Hotfix/patch field as well.  But you can't/don;t.

At least on my EPO 4.5 Patch3.

But then again, this hotfix didn't come with any report extensions either.

Highlighted
Level 13
Message 9 of 11

You have to open a SR to receive it. I did and got  a response the next day.

So far I've checked it in to ePO, but it isn't pushing out for some reason.

Highlighted

Hi,

Has Hotfix 66014 been pulled?.   I note that all (most) of the knowledgebase articles that reference it all were amended on June 17th with a note:

"This solution has been retracted and is now under review"

For example: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB72035&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community