Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 39

RE: VSE 8.7 and Vista 64

That shouldn't be there, I've flagged the issue for our conference call today. It would have applied when 8.7i was in beta testing and should have been removed when it went RTM.

RE: Policies vs87 in ePO 4

I, in fact, have been having this issue on a number of computers.

I inistally deployed the package by simply installing it and expecting it to upgrade. This did work in most cases, but in a few I get the 1920 errors. (Server can not be started.)

Nothing appears to fix this problem.

I've got a case open with McAfee and I've been sent to their higher level support. Who, of course, has not left me any contact information or sent me and email.

I'll post what I find out when I FINALLY get to talk to someone.

GB

There is another thread open on this problem you may want to follow. http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=224441 Unfortunately no sign of a fix yet and i have had a ticket open for weeks with this.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 34 of 39

I only get 1920 errors when the prev removal has failed to clear the legacay filter drivers from reg, you can script this toclear on reboot( if you have a nice script friendly bod to do it) but obv this is not ideal.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 35 of 39

BTW if you have had a ticket open then chase it... you are paying for support.

If you get no response to your chase then escalate the call to your account manager and then the regional customer services manager.

we pay a lot of cash for support, personally i dont tend to use it.
If you need it then dont let them off the hook.
Phone and (past 1st line) email is always better than the web/phone call as these often seem to get "resolved" without interaction or agreement.

Also for the 1920 issue see twendens post on the EPO board that refers to this issue with the link here for ths on the knowledgbase: https://knowledge.mcafee.com/article/874/616959_f.SAL_Public.html

I totally agree but i think whats more important is that everyone with similar issues opens their own ticket. It took two weeks before anyone took this seriously simply because it seemed to McAfee like an isolated incident even though other people were reporting it in this forum which wont be neccesarily read by McAfee support.

Update:

I can't get 8.7i to install no matter what I try.

McAfee has:

1) Told me to remove Altiris, that didn't help.

2) Had run an unsupported McAfee ePO / VSE 8.5 and older removal tool, that didn't work.

3) Gave me this INSANE list of files and registry settings to remove, which also didn't work. (About 4 pages of registry keys to delete...)

Oddly, I've noticed that after I use the removal tool I can reinstall 8.5i.

Of course, considering that every other system is at least running 8.7i... we'll this is a problem on several levels.

What I'm MOST concerned about is determining how many other systems could be upgraded to 8.7i from 8.5i, BUT NOT BE RUNNING THE VSE SERVICES!

It's dawned on me that with the silent install option / task from the ePO console... there could be a number of failed 8.7i machines with the services not running!

Anyone know how to get a report on that?

GB
girtsg
Level 7
Message 38 of 39

How to check: Get a list of your computers in text file. Write a script that check McShield service status on all computers. If service isn't running then you have a problem.

GG
Highlighted

Hello,

I have an issue with VS8.7i after it was deployed via EPO. After a system scan of a machine, it is no longer able to print to its printer via the LPT1 port. It prints fine to network shared printers. The machine has to be rebooted to print again. It will work fine untill it does another system scan. If the machine is sharing its printer, users connected to this printer are unable to print untill it is rebooted.

Anyone having this type of problem?? I have 10 machines with thier own printer and they all have this problem.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community