Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee wwarren
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i Patch 5 removed from download

jguenrdc wrote:

Actually, I just got a McAfee SNS email that P5 and the HF were available, so I checked the product download area and it is there now.

Message was edited by: jguenrdc on 10/18/11 2:08:26 PM CDT

Kudos to you for being signed up for SNS.

For those who are not...  https://sns.secureforms.mcafee.com/content/SNS_Subscription_Center

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
Highlighted
zn
Level 7
Message 12 of 15

presumably the download site can't handle the traffic generated by all of use subscribed to SNS

I had some serious issues applying patch 5 to my test Windows XP PC. It was already running the previous patch 5 so I ran the hotfix listed and McShield service hang on start_pending during the update, not only that but ie hung as did the services.msc mmc. I restarted the PC and McShield was still broke but this allowed me to uninstall VirusScan 8.7i.

I then reinstalled VirusScan 8.7 up to patch 3 and then attempted to apply the new patch 5, but the same thing happened. This was more problematic removing 8.7 but the test PC is now back and running 8.7 only to patch 3.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

We tested the patch5 Hotfix manually on 1 Testsystem (XP), 3 productive System (2x xp / 1x win7) & 2 Server 2003 32-bit. They all run great and after restart all went fine till now.

Nachricht geändert durch DerFalk on 19.10.11 22:49:17 GMT-06:00
akl71
Level 10
Message 15 of 15

Testing the VSEP5 repost ... there is a problem with Installation Designer and the Patch5 Repost. When i tick the option "create an epo4 package", MID runs "successfully" (without errors) but the package folder is empty, no epo4 package is created. To create an epo4 package i must create an epo3.x package and make a zip from this.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community