cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VirusScan 8.8 removal

Jump to solution
Hi We moved from VirusScan to ENS months ago and process had been configured on our Epo servers. Unfortunately on few computers VS had not been removed and it still reports back to Epo. Looking on one pc I see new ENS under McAfee Agent console. Inside Windows Control Panel I see Agent and ENS but not VS. On local HD I see VirusScan Enterprise folder. In the meantime looking on Epo server I see this computer with Agent, ENS and VS. I tried following command: msiexec /x {CE15D1B6-19B6-4D4D-8F43-CF5D2C3356FF} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R but I have following error: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed May I have an help for removing VS definitively without touching Agent + ENS on that computer? Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: VirusScan 8.8 removal

Jump to solution

You could try using the McAfee Endpoint Removal Tool. This is available for download under your grant number. It has a standalone version which allows you to just remove what Mcafee products you want, in your case VirusScan.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90895

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: VirusScan 8.8 removal

Jump to solution

You could try using the McAfee Endpoint Removal Tool. This is available for download under your grant number. It has a standalone version which allows you to just remove what Mcafee products you want, in your case VirusScan.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90895

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.