cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McDuff
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

VirusScan 8.8 Patch 8 and Window 10 Build 1607 - McAfee not Not a Trusted Publisher

Greetings

I'm testing out Windows 10, Anniversary Update (1607) with VirusScan 8.8 patch 8.

I'm noticing this message popping up on my PC.  This would be unacceptable for our end users, so does this mean we're going to need to configure a GPO to trust McAfee?

10 Replies
Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: VirusScan 8.8 Patch 8 and Window 10 Build 1607 - McAfee not Not a Trusted Publisher

Hello,

you may take a look at KB87705. Can you try this and tell us if this solves the problem?

If this helps, there is a deployable package attached to the KB for EPO.

Cheers

Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Re: VirusScan 8.8 Patch 8 and Window 10 Build 1607 - McAfee not Not a Trusted Publisher

I am faced same issue with HIPS 8.8.

Have you fixed this issue on Win10 ?

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hello,

yes, i fixed the issue with Windows 10 using the Tool available in KB87705 (or done manually). Have you tested if it fixes your HIPS Problem to?

​, have you tested the fix?

Cheers

McDuff
Level 10
Message 5 of 11

Hi, thanks for the KB.  I've looked at it but I have not yet tested the fix.  Will let you know once I have.

McDuff
Level 10
Message 6 of 11

Hi

I've just run the fix on my Windows 10 PC and confirmed that both certificates were moved to Intermediate Certification Authorities.   However, I'm till getting the trust message even after a reboot.  Further, I notice that my assigned client tasks to perform a DAT update is not being sent to my Windows 10 PC.

Highlighted
McDuff
Level 10
Message 7 of 11

Greetings, an update on this issue.  Sorry for the delays but I've been busy with other things.

FYI, the Action Center message is not resolved by moving the certificate, but according to https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB88393&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=false...  I'm wondering if this Action Center message isn't a big deal, and only appears if the DAT isn't up to date.  I would like to remove it eventually but maybe the solution is to disable action center.  We have thousands of users and I know for a fact that even if we asked people to click trust they wouldn't and they'd call the Helpdesk.  Any solution we implemented must be automated and not require users to make decisions to trust or not to trust.

The big issue I've noticed is that existing HIPS and VirusScan update tasks are not being sent to my Windows 10 PC, even if I manually assign a task to my PC - without the DAT update task my DAT isn't updating and without an updated DAT the Action Center message appears.  What I've just noticed is if I re-create a task (say a DAT update task) and assign it to my Windows 10 PC, it does get there.  So I wonder if there's an issue with existing client tasks and Windows 10/VirusScan 8.8 patch 8 and HIPS 8 patch 8?

McDuff
Level 10
Message 8 of 11

This is a Windows question, not a McAfee one, per se, but does anyone know how I would go about setting up Windows 10 to trust publisher McAfee, Inc. using group policy?  That sounds like it's the only way to prevent this message from popping up for users.

McDuff
Level 10
Message 9 of 11

Hi Denn

We have HIPS 8 patch 8 as well, but so far I haven't seen any popups.  Are you seeing popups for HIPS as well?

Reliable Contributor denn
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hello,

Yes, sometimes this message appiears for HIPS 8.8, not only for VSE 8.8

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community