cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VirusScan 8.8 - Exclusions - Full On-Demand Scan - Servers

Sorry if this has been covered a million times. I would like opinions and suggestions on a comprehensive list of exclusions for On-Demand, full scans on Windows servers.

Yes, I know every environment is different.

I have read the KB below and many other from both McAfee and other software vendors and incorporated them into the exclusions in the On-Access polices.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66909

Does anyone have a baseline or comprehensive list of file types that should be excluded in full On-Demand scans being performed on Windows servers?

My understanding:

- On-Demand scans should cover folders & files that have been excluded in the On-Access policies.

- On-Demand scans should exclude file types such as MS SQL, Oracle and Exchange DBs.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community