cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 27

Re: VirusScan 8.8.0 Build 777 and update to Build 1247 problem ...

If there aren't too many exceptions like this, the easiest remedy is to uninstall Virusscan then reisnstall the full Patch 4 build.

diwi
Level 10
Message 12 of 27

@jmcleish

Sorry, if I sounded too harsh, that was not my intention. Maybe I misinterpreted your first reply a bit? To me, it sounded, as if it wasn't clear to you, what's going on beside that single faulty system here.

@PhilR and jmcleish

Of course, manually updating the machine would be an option but I will wait till somebody might find something in the logs. Personally I think it has something to do with parts of the registry or some files on the server, as this system has undergone VirusScan 8.5.0, 8.7.0 and now 8.8.0 and several agents.

If I have more time, I will further investigate here, but I thought maybe someone had a quicker solution for me.

Regards,

DiWi

diwi
Level 10
Message 13 of 27

Quote llamamecomoquieras

For some reason the package that you are deploying is incorrect. Please, make sure that you did not change the MA policy for this machine to get the installation package from another brach.

I am sure if you de deployment manually it will work, so you need to focus in this machine and where is taking the package from

*****************************************************************************************

Hmm, just to be clear, the VirusScan package in my repositories is the Build 8.8.0.777 and additionally there is Patch 4 or Build 1247 (+ the language pack for VSE880) installed as well, otherwise all other systems won't have updated. There is nothing in the evaluation branch (not used at the moment) and 23 other servers in the same subgroup get the same policies and tasks, cause those are created on the subgroup and not on the leaf object.

I will try to update the machine manually with patch 4, remove everything again and re-deploy everything with ePO again. Maybe, that changes something. If not, maybe I will further clean the registry, just to clarify, what's going on there.

Similar problems happen on several Windows 7 client machines on another ePO-Server, the DAT-signature is up-to-date, the agent as well but the patch is not delivered, mostly on machines with VirusScan 8.8.0.777 (without patch).

Regards,

DiWi

PhilR
Level 12
Message 14 of 27

You should check in the full 8.8 including Patch 4 installer into ePO, and deploy from that.

Keep Patch 4 in there as well to mop up any boxes on older builds (apart from the broken ones giving you grief at the moment).

diwi
Level 10
Message 15 of 27

Ok, another question. Will the VSE 8.8.0.1247 Repost package completely replace VSE 8.8.0.777 installation files and not touch my policies and tasks?

Regards,

DiWi

PhilR
Level 12
Message 16 of 27

It'll be fine.

And make sure that the Patch 4 extensions are also checked into ePO.

Highlighted
diwi
Level 10
Message 17 of 27

Extensions and reports for all products in my ePO Server are up-to-date. Since today, I never thought about re-installing VSE 8.8.0.1247 repost package into repositories, because patch 4 was already available and everything worked fine.

PhilR
Level 12
Message 18 of 27

It makes for a simpler and faster install process for new machines, and a cleaner reinstall process.

The full Patch 4 install includes engine 5600, for example.

Useful on partially broken boxes where after an unstall and install of earlier build, patch 4 still doesn't go on afterwards.

I've seen a few of those.  Rarely, thank goodness.

Message was edited by: PhilR on 08/07/14 15:33:08 IST
diwi
Level 10
Message 19 of 27

Isn't engine 5600 already available with VSE 8.8.0.777 as well?

PhilR
Level 12
Message 20 of 27

Isn't engine 5600 already available with VSE 8.8.0.777 as well?

It wasn't in the base build. 5400 was.

Message was edited by: PhilR on 08/07/14 15:41:38 IST
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.