Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbol
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

VirusScan 8.7 patch 3 deployment concern

I just deployed VSE 8.7 patch 3 to some test machines using ePO and in every case the users got an "On-Access Scan Statistics" pop-up window.  The patch installs successfully but I don't know why the pop-up is appearing and I'd rather it not appear during the mass rollout to thousands of machines.  We're upgrading from patch 1 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  Any help as to why this is happening and how to prevent it would be much appreciated.

4 Replies

Re: VirusScan 8.7 patch 3 deployment concern

Tbol,

What pops are you getting ?

Sameer

tbol
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

The On-Access Scan Statistics pops up during the install.

mcafee.JPG

Tbol,

Under the Access Protection, ,Have you enables the Alert on Cookie detection ? If you have, You might want to disable that and see if that helps the cause.

Sameer

tbol
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

I'm not sure exactly what setting you are referring to, but the only Access Protection rules I have turned on are the ones to prevent the McAfee files and services from being stopped or modified.  I also have all alerts turned off that would be displayed on the user's computer.  With all the fake AV out there it makes it much easier for me to tell people that if you get a virus message on your computer it did not come from me and therefore is not legitimate.