Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McDuff
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

VirusScan 8.5i Quarantine Recscan & Check for False Positives

Hello,

I'm running VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i patch 6.

If I go into Quarantine Manager Policy in my VirusScan console, and click the Manager tab, I see a number of cookies, of type Potentially Unwanted Program, discovered by a number of DAT files.

If I right click one of the cookies, and select Rescan, I get a message that says "All selected items were rescanned and found to be clean".

However, if I right click on the same cookie and select Check for false positive, I get a message that says "Item "cookiexyz" quarantined at MM/DD/YYYY 1:00 PM was resscanned with the 5444.0000 definition files. The scan did not show that the Potentially Unwanted Program Cookiexyz was a false detection in the 5441.0000 definition file"

This is confusing. Rescan says the file is OK, but Check for false positive says its still bad.

What's the difference between Rescan and Check for false positive?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community