cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8 cmd commands

Jump to solution

Hello,

I wish  to create a .bat script in order to create a dat update file for my organization , because we had some issue before with updating agents 5.0.2 , now there is alot of old agents and virus scan not updated since a specific date.

therefore ,

I need a cmd commands you can suggest for the VSE.

like :

disabling the access protection through cmd command line.

any thing else you can suggest.

If you have any other fix for dat issues please include here.

Alexey

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Virus Scan Enterprise 8.8 cmd commands

Jump to solution

There is no CMD command with which you can disable Access Protection, this can only be done locally or via ePO.

You can use the following command to trigger the DAT update task:
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mcupdate /update 

You can add /quiet to make it silent update.

There are a number of reasons DAT updates can fail so for any other systems still unable to update the DAT, you'd need to look at the logs and see what the reason for failure is. Technical support can help you identify why it's failing.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

There is no CMD command with which you can disable Access Protection, this can only be done locally or via ePO.

You can use the following command to trigger the DAT update task:
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\mcupdate /update 

You can add /quiet to make it silent update.

There are a number of reasons DAT updates can fail so for any other systems still unable to update the DAT, you'd need to look at the logs and see what the reason for failure is. Technical support can help you identify why it's failing.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

@Alexeydi As an anecdote, it is not required that AP be disabled for a DAT update to run.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community