cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE8.7 - Strange display on about (IDS_)

Hi all,

Have you guys come across this weird display when clicking about VirsuScanEnterprise (see jpg attached) - IDS_Copyright, IDS_DTN, etc?

After closing, then reopening it shows info okay???

vse8.7.JPG

3 Replies
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: VSE8.7 - Strange display on about (IDS_)

The failure for the "About" box to display some strings at times is a known issue. Apparently it's related to issues with reading or translating the file strings.bin at the time the About box is launched.

Here's a technote about a similar (but not the same) issue https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52869

Does the issue always occur or is it random? If random - then it's a cosmetic issue with no known resolution. If every time, then perhaps try the steps in the technote above.

Hi Mal09,

Yes random issue....I was just wondering whether there was some sort of hotfix or sth to correct it.

I reckon we will have to live with it.

Thanks for your post

Yup, I see this randomly in my environment, I see it less these days, but it still happens every now and again.

It's something I have never worried about, but yea, it's a little bug I guess.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community