cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE version 8.8 p15 rollback

I am working on a closed system and have been unable to update the VSE on Server 2012 R2.  It appears to install but at the end it rolls back every time.  I have tried turning off the HIPS with no change.  I cannot find a definitive issue in the logs as the only error I've successfully managed to find is the general error code 1603.  I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall with no success.  The service McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service, will not start either which seems to be the main cause of the original issue.

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: VSE version 8.8 p15 rollback

Hi @chelseamitch,

Good day to you!

From the issue description, I see it could be possible that the VSE is partially installed.

Please download the latest EPR tool 20.8 which is available for download from the product download site.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/my-products.html

Select the VSE from the product list, once the removal is complete the machine will/should be rebooted.

Once done, please attempt the VSE installation and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

AJ

Highlighted

Re: VSE version 8.8 p15 rollback

I would love to download that but I am in a contract position and do not have access to the grant number allowing me to download from the McAfee website.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community