cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE is not installing remotely in server 2016

Hello!

I am trying to install VSE on Server 2016 with Ansible.  Every time I launch the setup, it seems to spawn a child uninstall process.  I am able to see this by analyzing the wait chain for SetupVSE.exe.  If I log in to the system, and I end the process on the uninstall, VSE installs with no issues.

Side note, I do not have this issue with Server 2012 R2.

Side Note 2.  If I install manually on the Server 2016 system it completes successfully.  I just run the same command manually I run with Ansible,

I have disabled UAC.  The Mcafee agent install also works on Server 2016.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Josh

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee dmcgeary
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: VSE is not installing remotely in server 2016

I am not familiar with Ansible , does it run as a system account or a service account?

What command are you running?

My thought is that the use of Ansible might be resulting in a "trust" issue.
If our installer sees untrusted injection it may result in an install failure.  But it seems this is a hang. 
Contacting support would be a good way to proceed if additional assistance is needed.I'd expect they will want a procmon log while replicating the failure, along with the install logs. 

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.