cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE for Storage scanning problem

Hello! After installing and staring VSES a performance problem happened in the environment. The VSES console reports hat the scans have timed out and none of the files that were check have been scanned. I check the KB about the timeouts https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB81762 but it has not made me any smarter. Below a screenshot out of VSES console2019-12-31_11h33_50.png

8 request rejected

0 file access errors

0 scanned

182 not scanned

182 timeout

Has anyone have an idea what might be the cause of this behavior?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

2 Replies
ShayAppelboim McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: VSE for Storage scanning problem

Hi,

Which file type you try to scan? Size?

which storage is being used? Netapp / Icap?

Did you try to copy/create a EICAR to test?

Check this KB:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB73358

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members 🙂

Re: VSE for Storage scanning problem

Hi, many thanks for the suggestions.

The storage is cmode Nettapp. The problem is now resolved.

The issue turned out to be caused by missing configuration on the Scan-Server. We did not know VSES service needs to run with domain account permissions. Without this the client environment was crashing during attempted scan.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community