cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE for Storage EOL plan?

Jump to solution

Hi Heroes,

I received the EOL support notification of VSE/HIPS/SAE this morning, Just want to know, will other VSE-related products like VSE for Storage 1.3 and VSE for Linux has an EOL plan as well?

thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: VSE for Storage EOL plan?

Jump to solution

@User21257322 
Thank you for contacting McAfee Technical Support.

Please see KB93335 for details on the EOL plan. We will keep that KB updated with the latest information, so please subscribe to get updates.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Vishnu G
McAfee Technical Support

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

@User21257322 
Thank you for contacting McAfee Technical Support.

Please see KB93335 for details on the EOL plan. We will keep that KB updated with the latest information, so please subscribe to get updates.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Vishnu G
McAfee Technical Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @SaiVishnu 

Is there a KB that we can refer to about the VSE EOL dates? 

EOL website doesn't mention the dates mentioned on above post. 

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/support/product-eol.html#product=virusscan_enterprise

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I received the SNS eol notification this morning, I guess the McAfee person hasnt update the link you referred.

The SNS notification mentioned KB93335 has more details. it's a registered knowledgebase article btw.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks @User21257322 , I haven't subscribed to VSE SNS. Could you share the SNS notice number? 

KB93335 search results negative results. 

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hmmm... what is a sns number?

Btw I saved the content of kb93335 as a docx file, attached, you can check that.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Is there another McAfee Software that is going to replace the VSE for Storage, after the EOL is reached?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi All,

KB93335 is a registered KB, meaning you need to log into the service portal in order to be able to view its contents. As previously posted, VSE for Storage currently has an extended EOL date of June 30th, 2022. 

Though no additional information regarding a replacement or migration plans for VSE-S are currently available, details will be shared through KB93335 (and likely also through SNS notices) once they are available in the near future. Please subscribe to this KB in order to receive notifications when updates are posted.

Thank you,
Mitchell Buehler

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community