cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE failing to update DAT files if McAfee Agent is installed

Hello All,

Not sure if this should have gone on the ePO discussion list or here, but this seemed more logical.

I have some site administrators reporting that their VSE DAT files aren't updating with the latest DATs unless they remove the McAfee Agent first, do the update, and then re-install the MA.

They are getting "Unable to find a valid repository" and "File catalog.z is corrupt" error messages although they seem to be performing ASCI intervals correctly.

I looked at the sequence error count to see if there might be a correlation between high sequence error count and failure to update DATs and there didn't appear to be any correlation. Some systems with high sequence counts were updating fine; some without high sequence errors were not updating.

I checked their SADR repository and all the software is updating correctly from the master repository.

Any suggestions?

PG

2 Replies
Arjen
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: VSE failing to update DAT files if McAfee Agent is installed

Sounds like a problem with the repositories rather than an issue with the McAfee Agent.

You should try a full replication from your master repository to all distributed repositories.

When the McAfee Agent is removed (actually, only the management agent will be removed, the updater part is part of VSE) it will update from the McAfee FTP and HTTP website. When the agent is installed, it will update from the repository list that is part of the agent policy within ePO.

My first impression is that this is not a VSE issue, but an ePO issue...

Re: VSE failing to update DAT files if McAfee Agent is installed

go to http://your epo IP/Software/SiteStat.xml and make sure that the "CatalogVersion" lists the current day....

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community