Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwarren McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 42

Re: VSE Patch 7 and HIPS Patch 7 out

kapaaian wrote:

How does this all affect fresh installs? I can't imagine they expect to frog hop up all the versions. Can VS Patch 7 Fresh install directly to agent x.333?

Yes. This is described in the Patch 7 release notes.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee

Re: VSE Patch 7 and HIPS Patch 7 out

By now I assume everyone has read https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86694

Personal experience? I excluded the listed paths and still have failures.

Our install base is so messed up now I can't really say what the policy status is.

5.0.2.333 installs failed or were blocked by McAfee AP - never had this issue with agent updates before.

Manual installs ran but even though it was a package with ePo config info the install left the systems as un-managed or not communicating.

Pretty much lost ePo management of 90% of my base.

We finally had to email the user base with instructions to disable AP and a link to a script that uninstalled completely then reinstalled.

I suppose it is more secure but there really should be a mechanism for administratively controlling AP to help script installs.

Yes I know ePo can remotely change policies but I mean a scripted method - like when you are pushing a scripted install of something.

Mostly successful but some systems required a couple reboots - yes a couple, one wouldn't do.

This is a royal screw up Intel, stacked on top of EOL announcements galore after the takeover.

And then Intel has the nerve to send me a survey under the guise of it being some sort of service satisfaction response - not!

It was a long marketing survey to find out if I would be willing to move my endpoint management to a full SAS model.

Does that mean ePo will be the next to get the ax? VSE? I suppose that is already underway with MOVE Endpoint.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community