Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbenson09
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

VSE Patch 16 failed install

Jump to solution

Anyone else having issues with VSE P16 install failures when pushing from ePO? It works when i install locally but not from ePO. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: VSE Patch 16 failed install

Jump to solution

@rbenson09 Could you please confirm if you are using the product deployment task or a product update task? For VSE it should be a product update task when it comes to upgrading the patch version. Additionally can I know the current and the next version that you have planned to upgrade on the machine?

Please go through the installation section of the article below for further instruction.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/virusscan-enterprise-v8-8-0-Patch16-release-notes/resource/prod-virus...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

AJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @rbenson09,

Thank you for your post. When local deployment succeeds but ePO based deployment fails, it is usually an issue faced by agent's deployment task. May I know what method was used to deploy the VSE package? is this a fresh install? May I know if the Run client task now option was used or if VSE was deployed using a client task that was scheduled?

May I know if you have investigated the Agent logs and found anything helpful?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
rbenson09
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

This is not a fresh install, it is an upgrade. I created a client task and assigned it to the system tree. I tried to do a run now task and also used tags to schedule an install and neither worked. I not sure which agent log to check.

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

@rbenson09 Could you please confirm if you are using the product deployment task or a product update task? For VSE it should be a product update task when it comes to upgrading the patch version. Additionally can I know the current and the next version that you have planned to upgrade on the machine?

Please go through the installation section of the article below for further instruction.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/virusscan-enterprise-v8-8-0-Patch16-release-notes/resource/prod-virus...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

AJ

View solution in original post

rbenson09
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

That was my issue. I used the full install/product deployment. The patch only/product update worked. Thank you.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community