cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE Installation failed - Error 1603

Hi,

I have a  lot of issues installing VSE Patch 6 after removing VSE P4 or P5. It works on some laptop but not all the time. I get an error 1603 (sorry it's in french)

MSI (s) (24:7C) [08:46:59:052]: Windows Installer a installé le produit. Nom du produit : McAfee VirusScan Enterprise. Version du produit : 8.8.06000. Langue du produit : 3084. Fabricant : McAfee, Inc.. Réussite de l’installation ou état d’erreur : 1603.

The only way I have found to resolved the issue is to uninstall manually all McAfee product and run the MSI removal tool. I don't want to do it manually on all the laptopa that I will get this issue.

Thanks for your comment.

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: VSE Installation failed - Error 1603

Unfortunately, 1603 just means "An error occurred". It is the return code for "Something bad happened".

To discover the details requires looking to the log files.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community