cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE HF 1225180

Just got the email about VSE HF 1225180 for Patch 10.  Since this says it is for Patch 10, can I rightly assume that the issue is corrected in Patch 11?  I've been working on preliminary deployments of Patch 11, and if that takes care of the problem, then I could just skip this hotfix.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: VSE HF 1225180

No, it appears that the issue resolved in hotfix 1225180 has not been resolved in Patch 11. The bug that is fixed is "Action Center notification: Check virus protection Windows defender and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise are both turned off" message. 

Take at look at the article below at it states the fix was too lates to be incorporated into Patch 11. We have already deployed Patch 11 but are not worry about this bug as it doesn't happen a lot. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90221&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...

Okay, so Patch 11 is required for Windows 10 1803, correct?  It almost sounds like I'd be better off then holding off on Patch 11 unless it is required and isntead running this HF on patch 10?  Unless I can expect a forthcoming HF for patch 11 and I should proceed to update to it?

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Yes, Patch 11 is required to support Windows 10 (1803) April Update. without this patch the user may get a message from Windows 10 that McAfee VirusScan is incompatiible and to remove. 

So it sounds like right now my options are either to have Windows think that VSE isn't working or to not upgrade Windows 10 to 1803.

Is there going to be a forthcoming HF for patch 11?

Reliable Contributor rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

As of today, HF1225180 is not compatible with VSE v8.8 Patch 11. I do not know when the HF will be released for Patch 11.

In the meantime you may wish to use the listed Workaround:
 Reset the Windows Security Center (WSC) state for VSE:

1. Open a command prompt as an administrator:
         a. Click Start.
         b. In the Start Search box, type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
         c. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the
            action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

2. From an Administrator command shell, type the following commands:

CD C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\
          WscAVExe.exe /eu

3. Close the command window.

Hope this helps

Ron Metzger

Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community