cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

VSE AutoUpdate engine to 5600 for only one day?

I recently read: "OnJuly 24, 2013, VirusScan Enterprise and other McAfee Enterprise products that use the 5400 Engine will AutoUpdate to the 5600 Engine as part of the standardDAT update. The DAT update on this day will include an additional ~3.5MB of data due to the 5600 Engine binary." Does this mean that the larger daily DAT file that includes the new VSE 5600 scan engine will only be for one day and that on July 25, 2013 the "normal" daily DAT file will be available without the new scan engine? Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: kink80 on 7/19/13 8:38:11 AM GMT-06:00
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: VSE AutoUpdate engine to 5600 for only one day?

Hi kink80, the daily DAT will not include VirusScan Engine anymore as for 24th july: http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78365

Edit: sorry, I meant the SuperDAT, I don't know if this is what you were talking about

El mensaje fue editado por: ulyses31 on 23/07/13 8:34:40 CEST
kink80
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: VSE AutoUpdate engine to 5600 for only one day?

Thanks fo rthe reply. I contacted McAfee and they said that not having an engine in the branch will not affect the machines.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community