cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VSE 8.8 update fail - reason unknown

Jump to solution

After extra delay we tried again with the updated Agent 5.6:

- Agent deploy via ePO was successful;

- VSE deploy via ePO was successful, however the DAT remained 1111 and didn't update (ePO was used to initiate DAT update);

- After OS reboot the DAT was updated to actual version;

- Now we have to monitor fully automatic DAT update process. If at Monday DAT will actualize, the issue should be considered as solved.

Jump to solution

Yes! Complete success:

- The update is stable;

- Another system with similar symptomatic was processed in the same way (Agent uninstall - McAfee products removal tool - Reboot - Agent deploy via ePO - VSE deploy via ePO - Reboot - DAT update), and result was the same. System also updates regularly.

Seems the issue was caused not by agent 5.5 only, but to remove that issue a single component change is enough. Great thanks to Everyone involved!

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 23 of 24

Jump to solution

@polezhaevdmi Thank you for coming back and closing the loop by confirming your solution 🙂

nashcoop
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 24 of 24

Jump to solution

Just in the past week I have had the updater problem return on one of the Exchange servers that I had previously fixed.  DAT updates stopped once KB4493446 was installed.  I've asked our Exchange admins if we can remove that KB in order to see if that fixes the problem.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator