cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

VSE 8.8 running at 50% at startup in Windows 7 but not scanning.

EPO server 4.5

McAgee Agent 4.5

VSE 8.8

Dual Core AMD processor

Windows 7 32-bit Pro

A few times when starting up the computer McAfee will use 50% of the processor (that's one core on a dual core processor) and stay there until I restart the McAfee service. VSE will behave itself until the next time I restart the computer According to the resource monitor McAfee is not reading or writing to the disk, and the on-access statistics show it's not scanning anything, but the processor tab shows VSE running at 50%. It's set not to use more than 30% of system reosources as well.

Anybody know why it's doing this?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: VSE 8.8 running at 50% at startup in Windows 7 but not scanning.

Spoke too soon, it's now running at 80% but it does not appear to be doing anything other than slowing the computer down.

Edit: We are on EPO server 4.6, not 4.5.

Message was edited by: noah on 4/28/11 7:34:50 AM CDT
Highlighted

Hi Noah,

I would probably take a look at what other programs I have installed on that machine and this sounds like a possible clash happening between McAfee and other services ( read software) or may be incompatibility.

Could you please check the On Access Scan logs and inform if you find anythng there ?

Thank you

Sameer

Highlighted

Probably the Windows Indexing service ?

Which other process consumes CPU time when McShield does (in Taskmanager) ?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community