cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.8 prompts for reboot at 8am and noon

wondering if anyone has seen & fixed this error.

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: VSE 8.8 prompts for reboot at 8am and noon

Moved to VSE for better handling.

Hi,

Which other products do you have installed in the machine?

Cheers,

For all systems?  What version of ePO?  Do all these systems have the same policies assigned?  If 100% sure on VSE as the cause, what does the VSE policies look like?

Really any further information your willing to share would help the community.

I have ePO 4.6.6 with almost a 100 users and only 3 people (all recent installs) have said they get this message.  I haven't changed a thing on the system for sometime, currenty VSE 8.8.0.3 (patch 3) and Agent 4.8.0.1500.  I have also loaded up a couple of new computers without getting that message.  We do put a ton of software on our computers.

Highlighted
pato
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 9

And you sure it's VSE that makes this prompt and not maybe Windows itself after installing updates in the background?

For me it is so weird that Vse prompt you to reboot.  In base of what can you say is VSE? Any event in event viewer? Any pop up?

Cheers

I finally watched it happen and it is VSE 8.8 as the problem with the Agent 4.8.1500 is doing the reboot request and the reason is that the patch 975 can't load.  Actually none of the patches or hot fixes will load on one PC.  I uploaded VSE patch 4 to the ePO and that installs over 3 easily and automatically on all of the other computers.  But on the 3 machines with the "reboot request", I can't get any thing to load.  I've uninstalled repeatedly.  Tried and failed to install patch2 manually.  I've tried all the possible fixes I could find for patch 975 errors.

Hi,

Try to do a manual remove and a clean installation for Patch 4. It sounds like a corruption.

Cheers,

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator