cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE 8.8 prompts for reboot at 8am and noon

wondering if anyone has seen & fixed this error.

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: VSE 8.8 prompts for reboot at 8am and noon

Moved to VSE for better handling.

Highlighted

Hi,

Which other products do you have installed in the machine?

Cheers,

Highlighted

For all systems?  What version of ePO?  Do all these systems have the same policies assigned?  If 100% sure on VSE as the cause, what does the VSE policies look like?

Really any further information your willing to share would help the community.

Highlighted

I have ePO 4.6.6 with almost a 100 users and only 3 people (all recent installs) have said they get this message.  I haven't changed a thing on the system for sometime, currenty VSE 8.8.0.3 (patch 3) and Agent 4.8.0.1500.  I have also loaded up a couple of new computers without getting that message.  We do put a ton of software on our computers.

Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 9

And you sure it's VSE that makes this prompt and not maybe Windows itself after installing updates in the background?

Highlighted

For me it is so weird that Vse prompt you to reboot.  In base of what can you say is VSE? Any event in event viewer? Any pop up?

Cheers

Highlighted

I finally watched it happen and it is VSE 8.8 as the problem with the Agent 4.8.1500 is doing the reboot request and the reason is that the patch 975 can't load.  Actually none of the patches or hot fixes will load on one PC.  I uploaded VSE patch 4 to the ePO and that installs over 3 easily and automatically on all of the other computers.  But on the 3 machines with the "reboot request", I can't get any thing to load.  I've uninstalled repeatedly.  Tried and failed to install patch2 manually.  I've tried all the possible fixes I could find for patch 975 errors.

Highlighted

Hi,

Try to do a manual remove and a clean installation for Patch 4. It sounds like a corruption.

Cheers,

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community