Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 46

Re: VSE 8.8 patch5 bugs

i have also cancelled my alpha test on this VSE P5 as long as this issue is not corrected. Becasue we use a lot of custom rules that are impacted. For your information, with the HIPS P5 and agent 5.0.1, no trouble until now. 260 computers are testing those 2 updates  and, for the hips, we are preparing production launch. For the agent, we are waiting a clarification from intel security about the interaction between rogue 5.0.1 and agent 5.0.1 to go further.

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 42 of 46

Hi all,

we noticed the next problem with Patch 5. In many cases the system drivers are not working well any more. This results in a VSE deployment where nothing is scanned any more... 😞
My coworker works on it respectively my coworkers are working with customers with several troubles.

Will update if there are any results.

BUT, upgrading Patch 5 where is nor problem, the upgrade is done real fast!!

DXL is also working as expected.

Cheers

Hi - can you confirm that the problems you saw were caused by the issue noted here?   McAfee KnowledgeBase - Access Protection blocks excluded processes

Highlighted

Hi - can you confirm that the problems you saw were caused by the issue noted here?   McAfee KnowledgeBase - Access Protection blocks excluded processes

Yes, I can confitm that

What Agent you using? We have the same with MA5.0 and 5.01, with 5.02 it look fine for now.

I think this is because MA 5.x have is own Access protection.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community