cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE 8.8 Scheduled Daily Memory Scans?

Since I do not use my PC most of the time during the day, just when I need to research, browse the net, opening my emails, then is a scheduled daily memory scan really neccessary in that case?

I do use my PC, but it is not on all day. And I keep it turned off when I do not use it.

Or, should I just shcedule a daily scan anyways just to be on the safe side?

Also, should I check RUN IF MISSED checkbox as well or should I leave that blank?

Thanks

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: VSE 8.8 Scheduled Daily Memory Scans?

You should perform this scan for ALL machines once per day under normal circumstances. There is never a time when you don't do this. (During Outbreaks we increase this to once per hour if we're trying to erradicate a pesky virus.)

I would recommend that you run this with settings like "Every day at Noon -and- Run Missed Task" that way you always get it. Also, if you are only scanning memory then this scan takes about 30 seconds on a PC built in the last 3-4 years. Since it isn't touching any disk, it will have no discernable impact.

Highlighted

Re: VSE 8.8 Scheduled Daily Memory Scans?

How do these look?

Is this good enough?

I left the Scan to include Subfolders and Boot Sectors to be really on the safe side.  And there selected anyways by default. So I guess its OK to leave them checked.

Capture.JPGCapture3.JPG

Message was edited by: anvin0001 on 1/6/14 11:53:15 AM CST
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community