cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VSE 8.8 Policy Assignment Rules?

Anyone know if the new VSE 8.8 will support Policy Assignment Rules so that I am able to apply specific policies to AD users?

For example my system tree is designed by location, but we have to have a special policy for our Network Team to allow them to have port scanners.  Currently I apply a new PUP policy to a group of systems, but if someone on the team gets a new computer and I dont' know about it VSE would delete the port scanner, but with the use of Policy Assignment Rules I could say this AD group which contains our network teams user accounts gets this new PUP policy it would resolve that problem.

3 Replies

Re: VSE 8.8 Policy Assignment Rules?

I'm looking for this functionality too.  I want to assign stricter policies to users who are seen as 'high risk' (ie they spend all their time looking at dodgy stuff).  I've seen a suggestion in another thread that McAfee have no plans to implement Policy Assignment Rules for VSE until the next major release (9) at the very earliest.  That would be seriously disappointing.  I've not seen anything official from McAfee on this yet though, would be nice to have a definitive timescale...

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

I will suggest to submit PER. For instructions, please refer to KB#:KB60021.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

PER submitted, will post back when I get a reply

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community