Did you mean: 
tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 51 of 66

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 for Windows 10

Jump to solution

Hi Misharum -

The software manager functionality is managed by the individual product team. Likely because the patch just released, the VSE team has chosen to wait to enable the automatic check-in function for Patch 6. You will need to download the patch manually and then check it in to your master repository.

misharum
Level 7
Message 52 of 66

Jump to solution

Ahh, I see how that works now. Thank you tomz2!

vandreytrindade
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 53 of 66

Jump to solution

undeadhaggis wrote:

Is there anyone that didn't have a problem installing Patch 6 on either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?  At this point I'm not sure if I dare install Patch 6...

undeadhaggis,

Just for information: I'm using Patch 6 on Windows 7 x64 since the second week of August. So far no problems.

Will not check-in the Patch on ePO for now.

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
damiafaw
Level 10
Message 54 of 66

Jump to solution

After a restart, the patch update installed for me for Windows 8.1

It failed on the syscore install and deferred installation til after a reboot - however it never prompted me to reboot the machine like its told to when installing an update.

Must not ask you to reboot if its installing and fails due to requiring a reboot?

Bit disappointing - should be a requirement by now to get all machines updated quickly.

damiafaw
Level 10
Message 55 of 66

Jump to solution

I love that this is still an issue in Patch 6 and have to wait for Patch 7 with no eta

Issue: Access Protection rules are not visible in the ePolicy Orchestrator console after checking in the Patch 5 or Patch 6 management extension.

Jump to solution

****My Nightmare from last night****

Checked in VSE Patch 6 yesterday. And then spent 6 hours with Level 1 support.

After checking in Patch 6 and the extensions, ePO lost the ability to manage any device in my environment.

We had to restore the DB to an earlier version and edit 4 .ini files in the guts of ePO.

We were running, ePO 5.3.0 (Build 400), McAfee Agent 4.8.0.1983, with the 4.8 extensions. Know where in the VSE patch 6 documentation does it say that this is not supported. 4.8.0.1983 is supported on Windows 10.

The ePO server was able to deploy the agent, but could not send existing tasks, wake up agents or make policy changes. So basically dead in the water.

After the restore, we checked in McAfee Agent 5.0.1.516 with extensions. McAfee believe that the 4.8 Agent extensions are not compatible with VSE Patch 6.

Currently I have a working ePO environment ,tonight I will re check in VSE patch 6 and hopefully it will not break ePO again.

Currently I have manually installed VSE Patch 6 on 6 Windows 10 machines

harris_s
Level 9
Message 57 of 66

Jump to solution

I thought Agent 4.8.0 Patch 3 was documented as being "Windows 10 ready". I've wasted much time with Agent 5 and it'll take a good few weeks of checking these forums after 5.0.2 is released before I consider using it. Good job we aren't looking to deploy Windows 10 at the moment...

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 58 of 66

Jump to solution

Bryce,

Let us know what happens as it sounds a very serious problem that you had to face. Have yet to start testing Patch 6 but in process of creating a test Windows 10 system. I also use agent 4.8.0.1938 but noticed that I have extensions 5.0.0.481 installed. May upgrade the extension to the 5.0.1.148 as long as it works with the 4.8.0.1938 agent.

twenden
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 59 of 66

Jump to solution

Even though it states agent 4.8.0.1938 (patch 3) is supported, I am finding out that it does not enforce policies. I am going to put any Windows 10 testing on hold until agent 5.0.2 gets released and they sort out the issues with Patch 6.

tomz2
Level 11
Message 60 of 66

Jump to solution

twenden Have you updated to the latest version of the McAfee Agent extension? The extensions control the logic for OS support. If you have, and policies aren't enforcing, I would strongly recommend contacting support for investigation.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community