cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.8 Patch 6 for Windows 10

Jump to solution

Can someone confirm the release date of VSE 8.8 Patch 6. I just updated to Windows 10 today and I tried to install VSE 8.8 Patch 5 with no luck..

Thanks

Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 66

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 for Windows 10

Jump to solution

Looking in McAfee support base, it show Patch 6 to release on Aug 26th. Windows10.jpg

65 Replies
twenden
Level 13
Message 2 of 66

Jump to solution

Looking in McAfee support base, it show Patch 6 to release on Aug 26th. Windows10.jpg

Jump to solution

Good morning,

Is this a joke?

Windows 10 is been tested since months ago and only now McAfee is developing a patch to make VirusScan 8.8 work on it?

So we are supposed to just wait to update some of our organization machines for testing Windows 10 with our own products because they were lazy?

(And yes, even for testing purposes I don't want a machine without antivirus on my organization network.)

Not a good way to support business costumers I think.

Att,
Vandrey Trindade

Jump to solution

Less than 30 days to validate on the final code?  I think they're doing a lot better this time around versus what happened with Windows 8 which took two and half months before patch 3 was released.

This does bring up an interesting thought with Windows updates going forward.  When/how will we know that an upcoming Win10 update will break VSE?

Jump to solution

Well... If with Windows 8 they took two and a half months to release a patch they shouldn't learn this time to release it sooner?

I'm not talking about home users. We bought the license.

They shouldn't be the step backwards in any migration scenarios.

Att,
Vandrey Trindade

Jump to solution

Tests done.

The only thing that didn't worked on Windows 10 on my organization was VirusScan 8.8 Patch 5.

Well done McAfee!

Att,
Vandrey Trindade

Jump to solution

Thanks twenden for the answer to the question. I was able to track it back to this McAfee KB that was updated yesterday: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb51111 So i guess I am waiting August 26th to get it. How do you get the private release that is supposed to be released today?

Jump to solution

How does a paying customer get hold of this "private" patch.

Jump to solution

Nice question !

I'm one of the people who wants to evaluate this patch... if they need someone.......

Att,
Vandrey Trindade
tomz2
Level 11
Message 10 of 66

Jump to solution

Please contact support with your active Grant number and let them know Windows 10 support is a concern for your organization. They may be able to get you access to Patch 6.