Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damiafaw
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 66

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 for Windows 10

Jump to solution

Well so far - tried to patch my machine from 5 to 6 and it failed.

Now I have to go and check why - not a good start

harris_s
Level 9
Message 42 of 66

Jump to solution

Have downloaded and installed via grant id. As soon as it was installed it was blocking itself, not sure if this is by design:-

27/08/2015    08:28:29    Blocked by Access Protection rule     NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM    C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\MCAFEE\DATREPUTATION\MCDATREP.EXE    HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MCAFEE\SYSTEMCORE\VSCORE\ON ACCESS SCANNER\MCSHIELD\CONFIGURATION\    Common Standard Protection:Prevent modification of McAfee files and settings    Action blocked : Write

This is a straight install on clean windows 10 build, mcafee agent 4.8.0 patch 3 (doesn't show M in system tray) so using stock access protection.

christran
Level 7
Message 43 of 66

Jump to solution

I upgraded to p6 from p5 and i got the same issue

what is it mean? or my comuter was compromised by rootkit?

8/21/20158:29:47 AMBlocked by Access Protection ruleNT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXEC:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAFEE\VIRUSSCAN ENTERPRISE\VSTSKMGR.EXECommon Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processesAction blocked : Terminate
8/21/20158:29:47 AMBlocked by Access Protection ruleNT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXEC:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MCAFEE\SYSTEMCORE\MCSHIELD.EXECommon Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processesAction blocked : Terminate
8/21/20158:29:47 AMBlocked by Access Protection ruleNT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXEC:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAFEE\VIRUSSCAN ENTERPRISE\MFEANN.EXECommon Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processesAction blocked : Terminate
8/21/20158:29:47 AMBlocked by Access Protection ruleNT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXEC:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAFEE\COMMON FRAMEWORK\NAPRDMGR.EXECommon Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processesAction blocked : Terminate
8/21/20155:03:26 PMBlocked by Access Protection ruleNT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXEC:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MCAFEE\COMMON FRAMEWORK\FRAMEWORKSERVICE.EXECommon Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processesAction blocked : Terminate
8/21/20155:03:26 PMBlocked by Access Protection ruleNT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXEC:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MFEVTPS.EXECommon Standard Protection:Prevent termination of McAfee processesAction blocked : Terminate
ratlsnake
Level 7
Message 44 of 66

Jump to solution

wwarren wrote:

It will be in my hands some time today.

It will be posted to the product download page some time today also (that doesn't get completed by me).

When I have it though, I'll add it to our Service Portal prior to sending an SNS notice about it be available.

wwarren,

Patch 5 did not support VSES. I come back from 7 weeks leave today to find Patch 6 finally made it's way out for Windows 10 support, and that it too does not support VSES.

I have to kindly ask on behalf of tonnes of my enterprise customers wanting answers....what in the world is going on with VSES? Why is there no new release? Surely the teams behind VSE and VSES work closely together, if not one and the same?

wwarren
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 45 of 66

Jump to solution

We know there was an issue uncovered that the VSES team have been investigating. The issue being something of a roadblock for trying to claim support with the newer patches.

I really don't have more I can say on the matter, except that they are different teams - not that it matters. I suggest following up with a Support Account Manager if that's an avenue available to you, else I expect we'll update associated KB articles when the support stance changes.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
ratlsnake
Level 7
Message 46 of 66

Jump to solution

wwarren wrote:

We know there was an issue uncovered that the VSES team have been investigating. The issue being something of a roadblock for trying to claim support with the newer patches.

I really don't have more I can say on the matter, except that they are different teams - not that it matters. I suggest following up with a Support Account Manager if that's an avenue available to you, else I expect we'll update associated KB articles when the support stance changes.

Thank you for the brief confirmation, it does help a little. Your assistance is always appreciated. As suggested if need be, we can have customers take this to their SAMs on a case-by-case basis.

Jump to solution

I'm still waiting on this patch as well.  I was hoping to be able to upgrade to Windows 10 a long time ago, but this patch is still preventing me.

damiafaw
Level 10
Message 48 of 66

Jump to solution

It is up on my EPO server software manager (havent checked online) - have already added it into evaluation and will test on my machine shortly

Jump to solution

Is there anyone that didn't have a problem installing Patch 6 on either Windows 8.1 or Windows 10?  At this point I'm not sure if I dare install Patch 6...

misharum
Level 7
Message 50 of 66

Jump to solution

I can't check patch 6 into my EPO server to try pushing it out for install. It shows up in there, but is only listed for download instead of check-in like the other patches.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community