Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 6 for Windows 10

Jump to solution

Sure tomz2,

thanks for your warning,

I have requested patch 6 from McAfee support.

This installation only on testing lab for the method of MS checking compatibility (not only VSE)

i just don't understand the way MS blocking setup via a file name.

Why they cannot block by Program Combatibility Assistant?

BTW, do you have any info about the list of core drivers or component not validated yet on window 10?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Has anyone tested windows 10 with an eicar file to see if virusscan picks it up?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 33 of 66

Jump to solution

Hi all,

from my point installing a product or a functioning product are two different things. If installing VSE 8.8 with Patch 5 this might work, but we do not know if VSE works as expected. Windows 10 is available and i´m also not amused, but it is like it is.

Take a look at this link, perhaps this is useful. The table shows the actual supported products on Windows 10.

If you need Agent 5.0.2 or VSE 8.8 P6 just raise a ticket. You will get the patches from support.

Info from my enterprise customers: There is no hurry (info from customer). No customer will do an upgrade to Windows 10 in the moment where Windows 10 is available. There are so much things to test. GPOs, user rights, software functionality, user profiles, client side caching, drivers for any kind of hardware. Also software often is not working based on changed security features and settings with new operating systems. And much much more....

And yes, if there is an Windows 10 System at the moment you cannot install VSE. VSE was tested with Prrelease versions of Windows 10, but not with the latest. If there is an absolutely must, just raise a support call.

Cheers

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 34 of 66

Jump to solution

is patch 6 still on schedule?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 35 of 66

Jump to solution

Yeah, would be nice to know.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 36 of 66

Jump to solution

It will be in my hands some time today.

It will be posted to the product download page some time today also (that doesn't get completed by me).

When I have it though, I'll add it to our Service Portal prior to sending an SNS notice about it be available.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The patch has still not been posted online.  Do you know what time tonight it will be available?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 38 of 66

Jump to solution

It is online on the McAfee website also for my Grant #

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm still not seeing it linked from here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51111&impressions=false&act=RATE&viewlocale=...

Can you provide the URL where it can be downloaded?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 40 of 66

Jump to solution

Hi undeadhaggis,

You are going to want to use your grant number to access the McAfee download site. There you find VSE 8.8 Patch 6 and associated documentation.

As the patch is likely still going through the release mechanics, the documentation may not be updated for the next couple days as the associated teams work to get the updates reviewed and published.

If you experience any issues with Patch 6, please contact Intel Security support for assistance.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community