cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 5 - coming soon...

Is there no mention of the P5 fix for the MDT issue ?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76867

Jim

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 33

Hi Jim,

Patch 5 probably won't mention that issue as being fixed because it isn't our issue to fix. We do have code in Patch 5 to resolve the issue though.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
Highlighted

Definitely should (at least) be mentioned as the KB references it as a fix in P5 surely irrespective of "who's problem" it fixes?

It's also very interesting that McAfee's position on that particular issue seems to have changed radically given that prior to the update to that KB article McAfee seemed to be claiming that the problem couldn't be resolved with an AV patch/fix as it would need Microsoft to make OS level changes.

If it's not mentioned in the P5 release notes how are those currently affected by the AV8.8/MDT "clash" ever supposed to find out the issue is now "fixable" - or even if P% actually "delivers" the fix promised in that KB ?

Jim

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 33

It's also very interesting that McAfee's position on that particular issue seems to have changed radically given that prior to the update to that KB article McAfee seemed to be claiming that the problem couldn't be resolved with an AV patch/fix as it would need Microsoft to make OS level changes.

That particular issue is still not being solved by an AV patch or fix. The problem still exists, as it requires Microsoft to make OS level changes to address.

What we are doing in Patch 5 is working around the problem.

I don't see a need for it to be mentioned in the Readme. The article will be updated though after Patch 5 is released.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 33

Now tracking toward these dates:

Limited availability*: April 22

General availability: May 19

* Select customers only; the managed release or RTS period, during which the SEO team are closely monitoring the patch's performance/acceptance, thus not open to all customers.

Again, I share that with the caveat of "the date may change in response to solving issues found during testing of the new package".

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 33

Do you know whether Patch 5 requires Patch 4 for upgrading? We didn't deploy Patch 4 to our environment due to reports of BSOD on systems. Most of our systems are in Patch 2 and Patch 3 (Windows 8.1) which appears to be stable.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 33

You can go straight to Patch 5 from Patch 2 or 3.

Highlighted

Is the release still on schedule for next week?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 33

Sure is. Probably the Tuesday, some time before close of business PST time.

Highlighted

OK, so I see we have a new ePO 5.3 AND we have the VSE 8.8 Patch 5!

2 questions, why does it already say REPOST seeing it only just got released? Bit of a worry. Also, the "Release Notes" are far from Release Notes....they give nothing and point to nowhere.

It points to here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51111 that makes no mention of Patch 5 still.

Has someone jumped the gun with this release?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community