Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piosk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 51 of 71

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 4 - coming soon...

Xdats work for me only till next update aviable - then it turns againt to 0.0000 dat

cpremo
Level 7
Message 52 of 71

Any updates of the Patch 4 release?

Labnuke
Level 7
Message 53 of 71

The full deployment package of VSE 8.8 p4 is available under your grant now (at least it is under mine). I do not see the P4 update for systems running previous patch levels.

MStrauser
Level 7
Message 54 of 71

I called in and talked with support last week and was told and emailed the expected date for release is Feb. 24th unless you have Platnium Support then you can get at the early release.

Severity: 5-Request for Information

Point Product: VSE

Summary: Questions about 8.8 SP4 being released I veheard it s in managed release phase

Description: A:>VSE 8.8 patch 4 querie

R:>

T:>Informed it will be released on feb 24.

cpremo
Level 7
Message 55 of 71

Should have looked at the web site.  It is there now.

ratlsnake
Level 7
Message 56 of 71

While it's months and months late, it IS now available a week ahead of originally promised for RTW, so meh, can no longer complain.

I do note the REPOST tag. When was the "bad" version released?

wwarren
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 57 of 71

Hey All,

Yes, the binaries are on the download site now and should be accessible from the Support portal too.

The posted packages were never available on the downloadsite beforehand, but we did do a reset during our managed release phase (the RTS period). Customers who may have received that earlier package would have received it directly from Support only, and ought to know already that those installation should be removed and replaced with this release.

I think you might just be confusing our use of the term "repost", which is to indicate the package is our full-install package... we "repost" the full-install package with each patch release so customers don't have to install the RTW bits and then add a patch on top separately.

There are gotchas with this release, so please make sure the Readme is digested. We do our best there to inform.

Those who are waiting for a Support Notification message (SNS), that'll be coming "shortly"

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
twigsirl
Level 7
Message 58 of 71

wwarren wrote:

There are gotchas with this release, so please make sure the Readme is digested. We do our best there to inform.

Hi,

Just a quick one, does Patch 4 contain all previous Hotfix resolutions please, I don't see it mentioned on any of the Support pages, hoping it does? So a clean install of VSE 8.8 w/Patch 4 will be just that, a clean install?

If we upgrade an installation that has VSE 8.8 w/Patch 2 and perhaps one or two of the Hotfixes, with Patch 4, are we good to go?

Thanks.

wwarren
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 59 of 71

Yes, any post Patch 2 hotfixes are included in Patch 4.

Likewise for post Patch 3 hotfixes.

And fixes from a prior patch.

The only time this would come into question is if we released a hotfix near the same time as a patch, as in, the hotfix code may not have made the cut-off date for inclusion in the patch.

William W. Warren | S.I.R.R. | Customer Success Group | McAfee
aladdin9
Level 10
Message 60 of 71

KB78495 VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 4 Known Issues 2014-02-18 version has a broken link to the Patch 4 Release notes

INCORRECT:                    Release Notes, see: PD24834     (links to PD22655)

Suggested Correction:    Release Notes, see: PD24834

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community